Re: Pure Culture

< from the current thread recently:

> > Jesus is a Jew... not lily white. I  <snip>

I would like to remind people that most Jews indeed
are white (=Caucasian) to begin with. I simply wanted
to point out that 'white' is not a separate (*) race at
all ; one could equate white to Caucasian, using
(now admittedly controversial and probably outdated)
anthropological/classic race classes of Homo sapiens
sapiens (**). Under that classification convention,
Indians (Asian Indian) are mostly Caucasian. So are
most Arabian people. One should never forget that
many quite dark-skinned peoples are Caucasian (or
well-suntanned Scandinavians... it's sometimes hard
to tell), and are classified as the same race as some
of us so-called 'white' North Americans. I need not
point out that many whites are actually a sort of
flesh-tone, or pinkish in color. Some may even sport
a kind of pale, ashen tone, or be multi-colored or blotchy.
(Technically these are known as freckles, I believe.)

But I digress.

For the devout among us, another point of clarification:
Jesus' actual race may not be historically demonstrable,
but he WAS lily white!  (***)

------Endnotes:

(*) Note: We're back to purity again. Let's make it clear
that purity in any kind of racial distinctions is futile and
to a large extent meaningless anyway. Hence the
statement about 'separate race...' is probably misleading.

(**) Nota Bene: There are scientific (genetic, historical)
points that still make some physical anthropologists note
links between some Asian Indians and European stock.

(***) Though born of Jewish parents, Jesus was probably
actually a Catholic.

Back to TOC