Objective Standards: Re: Ban Display of Lips and Tongues on Females

EEvans, et. al.

Sexuality is a subjective experience in the extreme.  There are many women
and men who take great pleasure in lovemaking together when the women has no
breasts, having lost them to unfortunate medical problems.  So clearly
breasts are not an essential element of what defines erotic or sexual.  It
would take a tome or two of analysis to try to answer the subjective vs
objective question, and we would still be left with major disagreement among
reasonable minds.  Genitals are clearly the center of sexual pleasure for
just about everyone, so this is the part of the body there is the least
disagreement concerning it's need to be "private," and therefore covered, if
we assume that parts of the body involving sexual pleasure must be covered
in public.

As I stated in my challenge to the guardians of our morality who pushed for
the ordinance blocking topless females, if you truly wish to guard the
public against the erotic organs of the human body, then the lips and
tongue, which are sources of erotic pleasure for most everyone, and are
often the first parts of the body that are used to engage in foreplay
leading to more advanced sexual encounters (sorry this sounds so silly!),
should also be restricted in public.  I think the Islamic societies that
veil women in public recognize the power of the face in sexual attraction,
and in this sense if we assume that sexual attraction in public is to be
extremely discouraged, then they are being logical in their customs, though
women are bearing the brunt of this attitude.  Certainly we need to ban
french kissing in public!  What example does allowing this kind of conduct
in public set for the children?  I have been personally embarrassed by this
conduct numerous times!!!!!!!!!!  And it's potential to arouse idle
passersby into immoral conduct is also clear.  So get to work on further
restrictions of erotic and/or sexual displays in public.  We must be saved
from the ruination and moral destruction of the foundations of our
civilization that allowing this kind of behavior in public would wreck upon
us.

So what say ye?

I say what is really going on deals with men who want to maintain their
power over women's sexuality to further their control for their own ends,
and this is at the root of banning topless women in public.

Ted