Re: Objective Standards: Re: Ban Display of Lips and Tongues on Females

Ted Wrote:

<snip>

> So what say ye?

Your analysis on what consitutes erotic body parts for most folks, and your
conclusion of what we should or should not do about covering them, is a fine
example of a relativistic cultural norm. Is this the objective standard we
should apply? The personal opinion of a particular fellow in Moscow Idaho, on a
rainy July Friday, in the year 2002?

-Ed Evans

<snip>
> >From: eevans@moscow.com
> >To: vision2020@moscow.com
> >Subject: Re: Ban Display of  Lips and Tongues on Females! Bring the Veil to
> >Moscow.
> >Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:25:08 GMT
> >
> >Ted Wrote:
> >
> ><snip>
> >
> > > What is clear is that we are just legislating relativistic cultural
> >norms.
> > > Some societies do not ban public display of the female breast, and are
> >just
> > > as civilized and reasonable, maybe more so in some cases, than Moscow,
> > > Idaho.  We are not following objective standards about display of erotic
> > > parts of the female or male body.
> >
> >Who defines these objective standards?
> >
> ><snip>
> >
> >-Ed Evans