Re: Petition to postpone tax cuts

I look at the basic pie chart of tax revenue to
tax outlays and when nearly one fourth of the
outlays are being used to pay interest on the
debt, that doesn't look like an overall healthy
fiscal policy to me.  It may be good for the
wealthy bond holders collecting this tax free
interest, but all this money that is paying for
interest is money that's not going to schools and
other good causes.

Personally, I don't believe that the economic
stimulus packages that either side is putting up
on the table at present will have much effect on the
economy.  The Reps want tax reductions for
corporations
and Dems want unemployment benefits for those out of
work.  Neither of these create jobs.  If the
Congress wants to create jobs, they need to come up
with ideas that assist companies in increasing the
production of their goods and services.  This is
what will stimulate job growth.

And regarding government waste for extremely
ridiculous
research projects, I don't like that either, but there
is a lot of good that comes from medical and technical
and other research grants, so I would rather not throw
out entire government grant programs based on a few
extreme examples of government waste.

And if tax revenue really does grow and tax rates
decrease, that's fine with me.  I just want the
government to provide a good long term fiscal
policy that will power the economy to operate at a
sustainable long term and stable growth rate.

-SD