Re: Ineresting Editorial

In a message dated 1/30/02 1:18:11 AM, suehovey@moscow.com writes:

<< one might consider their rights under the Geneva Convention, why we are

not according them POW status >>

My understanding from the media of the Geneva Convention is that it is
between States.  For what "State" were these persons fighting?  Some, I hear,
are British, some, Saudi.  Were we at war with Britain or Saudi Arabia?  If
so, they should be POWs and held under the Geneva convention until we end the
war with their home countries.  We certainly have not been at war with
Afghanistan or Pakistan.  The interim leader of Afghanistan said yesterday he
is happy with the way they are being treated.

Again, will someone please tell me which of their human rights have been
violated?

Walter Steed

Back to TOC