Re: chambervcommissioners?

I'm encouraged that there seems to be general agreement that Paul Kimmel is a
good person.

I'm discouraged that there seems to be continuous confusion about the Chamber
of  Commerce and the City of Moscow, as would seem to be evident in Walter
Steed's posting.

WMSteed@aol.com wrote:

> Is the non-personal concern that the person in this situation may do
> something for the City to the detriment of the county or visa versa?  Isn't
> the City in the County and the County in the City?  No possibility both the
> City and County (all citizens) could benefit in this situation?

We all know that the Chamber of Commerce, even though it has done many nifty
things for the City of Moscow, ISN'T the governing body of the City of Moscow.
Well, at least it's not supposed to be.

Does anyone else see a difference between electing the executive secretary of
the Chamber of Commerce to be a supervisor and hiring a supervisor to do the
other job? In the first case, you could at least argue that the voters had
approved the conflict of interest.

Don Coombs

Back to TOC