Re: BOCC AGENDA FOR WEEK OF APRIL 12, 1999

As I look at the domestic partners issues several questions come to
mind.

Can anyone tell me what the benefit program is for current spouses of
Latah County employees?  Also what cost does the employee pay for spouse
and dependent children?  What is the county's share of the costs?

How many current partners would be added with the adoption of the
domestic partners program?

Does this include health insurance, life insurance, and retirement
benefits along with accidental death benefits?  Does this concept
"match" with what the state of Idaho does for its employees?

What other agencies or employers are offering coverage for domestic
partners?

I also want to make sure I understand the definition of domestic
partner.  This includes same sex partners and unmarried heterosexual
partners that have lived together for 6 months.  How does the county
employee dissolve this "relationship" and coverage?  Will the county and
insurance companies face lawsuits from partners when and if the
relationship dissolves regarding dates of coverage?

I have a lot more questions than answers.  Can anyone help clarify this
issue for me?

Judi Thompson

Back to TOC