Unidentified subject!

The process that Muscovites for Equal Rights are working through raises another concern outside of their threat of a lawsuit. The person who was chosen to present to the City Council began his performance by saying he was chosen because he is a Republican. This drew grins and giggles from the council and the audience, though no mention in the media. Now admittedly I am new to this area but this raises a concern. Is membership in the Republican party a requirement to access or influence the council?

I believe in knowing where I stand. I registered with the Democratic Party the day I turned 18 and voted straight party tickets 1988-1990. Later I served as an officer in the Democratic Party and worked on various campaigns during the 1992-94 cycles. Later I changed my party affiliation to Independent; briefly I was a registered member of the Pacifist Party; followed by another run as an Independent than a brief period in the Green Party.I do know personally the man who created a political party based on what he calls the Apocalypse Equation. Having said all that, I just cast my first Idaho ballot this week and it represents the first time I have ever voted for two republicans on the same ticket.(and some of the few GOP votes I've ever cast).

Having said all of that can I expect an open ear, let alone justice, from the City of Moscow and State of Idaho? If the answer is yes, than why does it matter that a citizen makes a presentation to the council based on his party registration?

GIF image

Back to TOC