Re: Moscow's water policy

In a message dated 8/28/02 1:18:40 PM, strand@pacsim.com writes to Pam Palmer:

<< You suggested a tiered system for
sewage. I would not have thought that the sewage flow presently metered from
each residence? If not, that is a huge cost for implementation and totally
impractical. >>

Iwould suggest it does not require sewage meters, just basing sewer fees on
metered water used.  Unfortunately for the residents, they could get charged
more for sewage by watering their lawn; but what we are after here is cutting
water use, eh?  Seriously, however, sewer fees could be devised based on the
non-lawn watering months and let water rates control irrigation.

Walter Steed

Back to TOC