RE: Theological Attack On Public Schools

Greg writes:
>   First of all, Dale cites Webster's definition of pagan as
> "one who has little or no religion." What Dale fails to
> disclose is that he is citing Webster's second, and lesser,
> definition. Webster's first definition for pagan is "a
> follower of a polytheistic religion," which of course doesn't
> fit his funny little dig quite as well.

Gasp! To use the #2 definition vice the #1 from the dictionary! What a
sin! I'll repent quickly.

FWIW, the term "pagan" was widely used by atheists, agnostics, and
humanists to refer to themselves. That usage has decreased with the rise
of neopaganism in the latter 20th century, but is still a valid
historical usage. That doesn't fit your #1 definition from Webster
either.

It was in that latter sense that I used the word pagan -- that our
government schools are atheistic and humanistic.

This conversation is going nowhere quickly.

Dale

Back to TOC