Re: Rose's Search for Evil & a Free Book

Dear Doug Jones,

Thank you for your reply.  I would welcome a copy of the free book about
"Middle Earth" and the connection you make between Medieval culture and the
Christ Church theology and lifestyle.  (Spare me the Wilkins book.)  Luckily
for me, my daughter-in-law is a fully-trained medievalist (with a
specialization in Anglo-Saxon and Tolkien studies) who I'm sure would get a
kick out of reading it.

Your claims that you and Christ Church stand against racism ring hollow.  As
I understand it, you claim you are color-blind (hence not racist) with regard
to slavery: white, brown, or black, it doesn't matter, just so long as your
"servants" work hard and are submissive and respectful.  Wouldn't that be a
fair description of the role you prescribe for wives and children as well?
Once again I ask, why do you publish books and articles by pseudohistorians
that minimize the ill effects of race-based slavery?  Why do you publish
books by slavery apologists like Steve Wilkins?  Why do you sponsor Southern
Heritage conferences which celebrate the "happy slave" ideology?  Is it
because, as my mama used to say, birds of a feather flock together?

Until you answer these questions, your protestations of racial tolerance lack
credibility, and suggesting that my thinking or behavior is in any way akin
to the Aryan Nations does nothing to further your argument.  (It did,
however, give me and my friends a great laugh.  Thanks.)

I find that in actual public discussion with you guys, one need say very
little.  You tend to be your own worse enemy. Rather than substantiating your
claims of being an enlightened and elect group carrying out God's will in
your own special way, more and more you look and sound like kissing cousins
of Jim Jones and David Koresh.

Best,

Rosepierre Huskey
1033 Canyon Road