Re: Large Classes in UI's basic writing course

Ron Force is wrong. The English Department web site:

http://www.its.uidaho.edu/english/comp/Engl_101/official_description.htm

says the following:

"English 101 is a prerequisite for English 102.  Students who score
above between 200-539 on the SAT or 1-20 on the ACT must take English
101."

According to my son's report of his current SAT scores, 500
is 47th percentile and 550 verbal is 64th percentile, so I doubt I am
far off by saying that 540 is about 60th percentile. It sure isn't
75th percentile as stated by Ron Force.

Also, just because UI, or anyone else, awards college credit
for a course, doesn't mean that it is not a college prep, high
school, course. Look at the math dept's offerings below 170, most of
which my son will take in high school.

JackW

--
John T. Wenders