RE: Selective Enforcement Not True

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Lucy Zoe wrote:

> Punishment: You've got to be kidding.  Punishment to me would be if men
> stopped finding women's breasts intriguing and captivating. I have no
> desire for men to consider my breasts *equal* to theirs. I like, no, I
> *love* the differences between men and women and I would *hate* to see
> us blended in to one sex. Quite frankly, I would be very disappointed if
> took off my top and men thought, "hey...she's just like one of us."

Again, no one wants to eliminate differences but be able to celebrate them
as they see fit, whether it be to let it all hang out and free to the wind
and feel the sun on their skin, or to wrap them up in fabulous clothing.
Like you said, no one person represents the opinions of everyone so why
not be accomidating to them all?  No one wants to BE the same so equal
rights and fair treatment under the law (not having one law for one sex
and another for the other sex) is how you ensure that everyone has the
right to be what they want.

No one is trying to make us all one sex (at least no one who has spoken
here).  We are just trying to make it fair for both.  You, Lucy, can dress
how you want (and I'm sure you are very good and look beautiful), so why
wouldn't you want the same for everyone.  When you see a bare chested man,
are you in any less awe of him and his chest?  Is he now less intriguing
and captivating because he doesn't have a shirt on?  Please explain how a
shirt adds to that.  I'd really love to know because I'm doing something
wrong then.  Maybe want makes a person intriguing and captivating is the
peron him/herself and not that clothes or lack of clothes.  Clothes can be
a wonderful thing and I'm all for shopping (thank goodness for the Palouse
Mall!) but sometimes a great expression of how you feel beauty can be in
throwing off your clothes.  This is just my opinion and the opinion of
some others, but with this law, you are allowed to have your opinion, I'm
not allowed to have mine.

Love

Daniel

Back to TOC