Re: Public Nudity - Our Community

My read on this from an attorney friend is that if they had a car wash and
just got too hot and peeled, then you would be right.  As soon as they said
topless or some such, they can be construed to have crossed the line.

On the other issue that was brought up, I used the term "attractive
nusiance" and someone thought that the papers would have a hey day with
that.  You are probably correct with that but it is a legal term that is
recognized.  I thinking that they could certainly call it something else.
We are getting enough bad press as it is ;-)

Mark ROunds

At 07:32 AM 7/19/02 -0700, Pam Palmer wrote:
>Bob-
>
>It's my understanding that the car washers used their topless bodies to
>attract customers.  They didn't just remove their shirts when it became too
>hot outside.  I was also told by people who attended the car wash that the
>signs  held up for passing traffic to view said "XXX" or something like
>that. Seems like they were defining it as a sexually oriented business
>themselves.
>
>Pam Palmer
>Moscow, ID
>
>On 7/18/02 9:43 PM, "Bob Hoffmann" <escape@alt-escape.com> wrote:
>
>> I hate to throw another cow pie into the mix, but I don't see topless
>> carwashing as a sexually oriented business, any more than walking topless
>> is sexually oriented circumambulating.

Back to TOC