Re: The Partial Boob Ban

  Thanks, Joan, for the direct approach. It does indeed seem
Moscow has banned the wrong boobs. It will be interesting to
watch the outcry when the police are asked to decide who is post-
pubescent (a term with no legal definition which depends on
secondary sexual characteristics alone). And what of those of us
with very little "chest swelling"? Can we still go topless if we have
nothing to show? Flat-chested grannies being arrested? I, like
Joan, have heard from friends all over the US, Canada, and Great
Britain about how ridiculous this whole matter has become.
Meantime, we ignore the important issues facing our community---
is it misdirection? Bread and circuses to keep us from noticing the
real problems and issues?
Also, thanks to  the kind person who let me know public breast
exposure while feeding an infant doesn't count because the child's
mouth covers the breast. I still don't get it. Either the breast is a
nutritional resource or it is a sexual stimulant. Either way, it
doesn't miraculously become "pure" when full of milk nor "nasty"
when milk glands aren't operational---it is still just a breast.
Debi Robinson-Smith
debismith@moscow.com

Back to TOC