Where's the Jazz?

Title: Message
Moscow is the "Heart of the Arts" and there's a Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival here every year, but there's very little access to Jazz on the radio. I say "little" because NPR doesn't really count as continuous Jazz. There's no counting the Country music stations on FM and AM, though I prefer not to count or listen to them.

I'm surprised the Univ.of Idaho doesn't have a Jazz or Classical station. I realize Jazz comes in many different styles, but isn't there a home for it in Moscow?

I'm wondering if there's any Jazz radio history here in Moscow? Has anyone ever given it a try? There are certainly an abundance of merchants in the area to provide advertising dollars. Or is there a Jazz station and I just haven't found it on the dial?
Lucy "Streaming my Jazz off the internet" Zoe

Back to TOC