Re: Where's the Jazz?

Lucy,

It is interesting that you would mention this. Just this last weekend I was really feeling the loss of the programming that WSU used to have. Some awesome blues on Friday evenings, then something called "World Music" on Saturdays always seemed to get my weekends started out just right. *S*

While I enjoy the soothing calm of Classical music tremendously during my workday, it would be nice to have a little variety.

Janesta Sullivan

Lucy Zoe wrote:

 Moscow is the "Heart of the Arts" and there's a Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival here every year, but there's very little access to Jazz on the radio. I say "little" because NPR doesn't really count as continuous Jazz. There's no counting the Country music stations on FM and AM, though I prefer not to count or listen to them.I'm surprised the Univ.of Idaho doesn't have a Jazz or Classical station. I realize Jazz comes in many different styles, but isn't there a home for it in Moscow?I'm wondering if there's any Jazz radio history here in Moscow? Has anyone ever given it a try? There are certainly an abundance of merchants in the area to provide advertising dollars. Or is there a Jazz station and I just haven't found it on the dial?
Lucy "Streaming my Jazz off the internet" Zoe

Back to TOC