MAC Band concert tonight 7/3 at East City Park

The Moscow Arts Commission Band presents its annual "Salute to American
Music" concert tonight (Wednesday) at 6:30 p.m. in East City Park (3rd &
Hayes in Moscow).  This is a change from the usual Thursday Fresh Air
concert schedule.

The program includes a selection of Dixieland tunes (led by a hot combo), a
suite of American folk songs, songs from each of the U.S. armed forces,
tributes to Glenn Miller and Stan Kenton (my namesake), concluding with John
Philip Sousa's "Stars & Stripes Forever."  It should be a great concert (and
I'd say that even if I weren't playing).

The concert is free and will last about one hour.  Bring a picnic supper and
celebrate American independence a day early.
--Kenton