RE: City Council

At 12:35 PM 6/26/2002 -0700, Dona Black wrote:
>It's entirely possible that the new legal defense will be "She was
>topless, she must have been asking for it."
>Personally, I keep my goods to myself and still wouldn't fall for that
>defense but it is a frightening possiblity and a leap backward for defense
>against sexual assault.

It is my historical perspective that this defense is nothing new, but
actually very antiquated.  No longer accepted.  Perhaps still frequently
used, but only by those headed for the slammer.  It is an admission of
guilt; an outright confession.  By changing the circumstances from a string
bikini or tight jeans to washing cars topless in public, I don't see how
this validates such a so-called defense.

Bob Hoffmann
846 Mabelle St.
Moscow, ID  83843

Tel: 208 883-0642