Re: Fairness in Renting (Was: Re: Nothing)

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Scott Dredge wrote:

> There is no law that can be written, and upheld under judicical
> review, that would force anyone to rent out an apartment exclusively
> to homosexuals.  I don't follow your line of reasoning regarding
> imposed morality.  Are you saying that a non-Christian landlord should
> have the right to impose his/her morality by terminating a tenant if
> somehow the landlord finds out that the tenant is a practicing
> Christian?  What a frightening thought that is.

Oh I DO understand the imposed morality thing.  Part of being accepted in
our society is being accepted morally.  Just as I accept Christians as
Christian was kicked out for their beliefs, send me an email.  I'll go
chain myself in protest with the Dougs and everyone else who wants to
come.  Maybe we could sing, "We Shall Overcome?"

Love

Daniel

Back to TOC