Re: summer swimming

Dear Visionaries:
To whom (besides this public forum)should comments about lap swimming lanes be
directed???  A lunch "hour" is often too short a period in which to travel,
change, swim, shower, dry, change, and travel.  A swim at the end of the day is
often the perfect "pick-me-up" before going home (to a busy evening) or before
attending an event!  The few times I was able to swim laps during the previous
two summers, the lanes were never too crowded to "circle" comfortably.
However, better supervision of the munchkins jumping in from the side or
hanging on the ladder would be appreciated!<grin>

Nance Ceccarelli

 Lois-

> I'm glad you brought this up, and I hope that your posting of this issue
> will inspire people to contact the decision makers. With a pool the size of
> ours, there should be a place to swim laps anytime of day.
>
> When I was on City Council, at the time the plan for the pool was discussed,
> I pushed for 8 lanes in the rectangular pool, rather than 6, but the
> majority thought that was extravagant I guess.
>
> Hopefully, with enough comments from people who swim for health, the
> dedicated lap lanes will be back soon.
>
> Pam Palmer
>
> On 6/12/02 10:17 PM, "Lois Melina" <lmelina@moscow.com> wrote:
>
> > It's exciting to finally have warm enough weather for outdoor swimming, but
> > what a disappointment to discover that this year there is no lap swimming
> > in the outdoor pool after 1:30 p.m. And it's doubly disappointing that both
> > the outdoor and the indoor pools have lap swimming at the same time--the
> > lunch hour. So many people took advantage of the continuous lap lanes
> > throughout the day last summer (and often at the end of the work day)
> > without inhibiting the fun the kids were having using the diving board or
> > the inflatable runway.
> >
> > Lois Melina

           http://www.fsr.net/

Back to TOC