Re: summer swimming

Lois-

I'm glad you brought this up, and I hope that your posting of this issue
will inspire people to contact the decision makers. With a pool the size of
ours, there should be a place to swim laps anytime of day.

When I was on City Council, at the time the plan for the pool was discussed,
I pushed for 8 lanes in the rectangular pool, rather than 6, but the
majority thought that was extravagant I guess.

Hopefully, with enough comments from people who swim for health, the
dedicated lap lanes will be back soon.

Pam Palmer

On 6/12/02 10:17 PM, "Lois Melina" <lmelina@moscow.com> wrote:

> It's exciting to finally have warm enough weather for outdoor swimming, but
> what a disappointment to discover that this year there is no lap swimming
> in the outdoor pool after 1:30 p.m. And it's doubly disappointing that both
> the outdoor and the indoor pools have lap swimming at the same time--the
> lunch hour. So many people took advantage of the continuous lap lanes
> throughout the day last summer (and often at the end of the work day)
> without inhibiting the fun the kids were having using the diving board or
> the inflatable runway.
>
> Lois Melina

Back to TOC