summer swimming

After requesting clarification from Parks and Rec on why the lap lane hours
were changed, I received a call today from Jenny Brooks, a pool manager.
She told me that the city had received complaints that there was
insufficient deep water for kids to play in because the plunge pool was in
use by lap swimmers and divers. Parents collected signatures on a petition
which was passed by City Council who said the the pool is a water park and
was not meant for lap lane use.

I am quoting Jenny so the statements by City Council come from her. I
haven't checked the minutes of the meeting, which Jenny said was in the
fall.

Lois Melina

Back to TOC