Now, now, now. . .

Debi Smith wrote:

> I'm    done with this topic--I will attempt
> to get over myself, and  ignore    the
> idiocy of the Dougies, especially Mr. Paranoid Jones....

Debi, Debi, Debi, Visionaries,

We were having a nice grown-up exchange, and you had to go get all
shrill and invoke farm metaphors. I thought your contributions were
thoughtful and interesting. Lighten up. Life is short. Don't prove even
more that Modernity is self-righteous, narrow, and obviously humorless.
As for paranoia, perhaps you confused my notes with John Harrell's (He
cited Hitler; I just cited you). Paranoia doesn't fit within in my
worldview. Life is too much fun, and we're surrounded my too many
fascinating creatures; we leave paranoia to the Modernists.

> I just take exception when you want my children
> to follow your rigid, righteous, dogmatic and judgemental view
> points....

Exactly the position I've been pleading for. You've confused the sides.
>From my angle, nothing is more "rigid, righteous, dogmatic, and
judgmental" (and shrill) than the Modernity you force others to pay for.
I would never ever want to do such a thing to you. But perhaps when the
humor and mystery is gone, only power politics remains. Is this the
vision for Moscow? Sheesh.

Doug Jones

Back to TOC