Re: Position on Hunting and Fishing Rights Amendment

At 06:40 PM 1/27/2002 -0800, Don Coombs wrote:
> > HJR 2  --  AMENDMENT TO THE IDAHO CONSTITUTION TO PROJECT HUNTING AND
> > FISHING RIGHTS FOR IDAHO CITIZENS
>
>My question is:
>
>What difference will this amendment make?

This is a concern of mine, as well.  A main point of this seems to be that
only state, federal, and local law can regulate hunting and fishing.  I
thought this was the case already!  There is also international law,
ratified by the federal government (such as protects migratory game and birds).

Does this amendment accomplish anything (except perhaps making some
legislators look good to their constituents)?  Only 3 lines, but 3 lines
too many if it has no purpose in reality.

Bob Hoffmann
846 Mabelle St.
Moscow, ID  83843

Tel: 208 883-0642