Found! Safe and sound!

Dusty, Moscow's hitchhiking dog has been located in Troy, Idaho after
what I am sure he feels was an exciting trip. I received a phone call
from a gentleman in Troy who has him. Upon further questioning, this man
described to me what happened... He found Dusty at Safeway (now why am I
not surprised) What I didn't realize was that Dusty was found IN
Safeway. This man said he first saw him running down an isle with a
group of store employees giving chase, Dusty in the lead, tail wagging,
smile on his face thinking it grand fun (wait until his father hears
about this). This man took his belt off and tied him up outside, somehow
Dusty got loose again. The next time the man saw him he was trotting
down an isle, donut hole in his mouth (rolling my eyes) acting like he
owned the store! (sigh).  Evidently he knows how to use the automatic
doors!  When he went to the car, Dusty followed, tail wagging non-stop,
hopping in the back seat with a look on his face that was described to
me as "come on, come on, take me for a ride!" I am grateful to this
gentleman for taking Dusty home to his kennel for the last few nights,
and for phoning the Humane Society.

I will pay a humble visit to Safeway tomorrow and see what I owe for
donut holes (and heaven forbid anything else!). As well as purchase him
a MUCH tighter collar. Then go to Troy and retrieve my baby..

So many of you took the time to write and respond. A heartfelt thanks to
each and every one of you.. As many of you know, once the nest empties
of our children we frequently fill them with our pets. My heart sings
once again to have my smiling Dusty-dog back.

Thank you again,
Janesta Sullivan

btw, we do have a very large fenced yard. He just loves to get out when
he has the chance and run free, like the dog he is! *laughing*

Back to TOC