Re: Position on Hunting and Fishing Rights Amendment

RepTrail wrote:

> Dear Visionaries,
>
> I have enclosed here my position on the Hunting and Fishing Rights Amendment
>
> HJR 2  --  AMENDMENT TO THE IDAHO CONSTITUTION TO PROJECT HUNTING AND
> FISHING RIGHTS FOR IDAHO CITIZENS

Thank you for posting your position on this amendment. My
question is:

What difference will this amendment make? What effect will
this have on people who live in Idaho, some of whom fish and
some of whom hunt and some of whom don't fish and hunt but
still want to preserve the great outdoors which Idaho
offers?

Even more pointedly, will this amendment help the salmon and
the steelhead? Or any other wild fish and game?

On a personal note, shouldn't we be more concerned about
trying to keep the board which oversees Fish and Game from
becoming lackeys of an extractive industry: Harvesting elk
at the expense of everything else in the outdoors?

Sincerely, Don Coombs

Back to TOC