Re: Meeting on the Proposed gym for the Pool Complex on F Street

Linda, thanks for bringing this issue up to the forefront. I appreciate
your encouragement to everyone who cares about this project to be present
at the upcoming meeting. I would remind the listserve that the Hamilton
will specifically states that the money be used for the " benefit of young
children"

The National Association for the Education of Young Children and many
others in this community define the population of  young children as being
from birth to age eight. The only facility in Moscow for young children
over the long winter is the McDonald's playground. How family friendly is
that? I have yet to know of any young children in this age range that will
benefit from aerobics exercise nevermind a gymnasium. How about a permanent
place for young children and families to learn from one another? Does
Moscow need to build another gymnasium when similar facilities stand idle
at the school district? Aren't there adequate private business who offer
aerobic exercise?

My impression is that the Dream Team design has left out the very people
Mr. Hamilton intended the money to benefit...young children.

John