Re: Meeting on the Proposed gym for the Pool Complex on F Street

> from birth to age eight. The only facility in Moscow for young children
> over the long winter is the McDonald's playground. How family friendly is
> that? I have yet to know of any young children in this age range that will
> benefit from aerobics exercise nevermind a gymnasium. How about a permanent
> place for young children and families to learn from one another? Does

Actually that is no longer true.. the new Palouse Ice Rink
(http://www.icerink.tv/) offers family skating for all ages, including skate
rentals down into the tiny tots sizes... the youth hockey program begins at age
5, and I believe the figure skating programs do too... I have seen many parents
out with their very young (<4) children during the day and early evenings at
the public skating sessions.

If they spend $4 million on a gymnasium and put the rest in trust to pay for
its upkeep, many programs that could benefit from even a small portion of the
fund will be left out in the cold.

- Keith
Howe

           http://www.fsr.net/