Re: Palouse Empire Mall Tree Removal Proposal

Friday morning, 5-19-2000

Thanks, Tim, for your POWERFUL use of "the language!"

I was so FURIOUS over reading about it last night that
I could hardly think, let alone compose anything
eloquent.

Then Duncan came along with his piece, too.

I hope the Moscow/Pullman Daily Effort prints your two
letters.

Just the same, I urge you to send it to each City Council
member and the Mayor, and to UI President Hoover.

I don't know about the efficacy of email for this.  Maybe
okay, maybe not.

If you send email, you may receive a reply back that
includes some clues regarding that individual's thinking.

On the other hand, I think I'd not want to depend on
email recipients to print copies and take them to Council
meetings.

When I was a City Councilman, the utterance of this phrase
in a Council Meeting, "Put this into the record," meant
handing a hard copy to the appropriate person.  Sometimes
they also were read, which now would mean copied onto
audio tape.

Anyway, you did a good job.  You were marvelously
expressive.

But now we must remain on guard.  This step now proposed
must not permitted, PERIOD.  And I'm sure that eventually
there will be other attempts.

Thank you for your attention and efforts.

Sam Scripter
MoscowSam@moscow.com