Tree Clearing at The Palouse Empire Mall

Dear Mayor Comstock and Councilmembers Busch, Hamlett, Hill, Johnson,
Pall, and Thomason:

I am writing with respect to the application by management of the
Palouse Empire Mall to alter the landscaping along the Pullman road; in
particular, I strongly oppose their desire to remove or prune trees, or
change other landscaping, to create visual "windows" to their mall.

I urge you to reject this application and promote a strong position in
favor of attractive landscaping requirements. This is particularly
important at the Palouse Empire Mall, because the Moscow/Pullman
corridor is becoming an increasingly developed stretch. At this
relatively early stage, it is wise public policy to demonstrate Moscow's
commitment to decisions promoting attractive commercial landscapes.

Duncan Palmatier
Patent Law Office
530 South Asbury, Suite 5
Moscow, Idaho 83843