Palouse Empire Mall Tree Removal Proposal

Title: Clear Day

I am stunned to learn that the mall has proposed removal of trees along Highway 8. To me, it was the only intelligent use of landscape to mask an otherwise unsightly parking lot and massive building without any particular architectural interest or value. As far as I'm concerned, all parking lots should be required to landscape, especially those of unsightly car dealerships and fast food joints along the Pullman Highway strip. I urge any city council member, zoning and planning commissioner, and University of Idaho official who is responsible for deciding this issue to deny the request. And shame on the Mall management for even proposing such an outrageous, misguided concept.

JPEG image

Back to TOC