Re: UI College of Law Drug Policy Forum

If there was no Daily News coverage of the Drug Policy
Forum, it wasn't because they weren't notified.
I spoke with Tina McClure about it the week before the
event. Tina told me that one of the other reporters
would be in touch, but he never called. I was told
that the forum found its way into the Community
Calendar. But that's it.
 I'd like to hear if they did find the event worth a
few column inches. A UI Journalism prof told me he
finds the News to be weak in local news coverage.
Maybe he's right.

We don't subscribe to the News anymore because of
their bizarre policy of not offering "Weekend only"
subscriptions.  Since we rarely have time to read the
paper every day, a subscription seemed like a waste of
trees.
Tim Lohrmann

=====