Re: Consumer Protection Legislation

>civil remedies for victims of
>identity theft.
Tom, one probable source of information ought to be those insurance
companies that provide instant protection against such fraud. Of course,
it costs a little. We pay $12 a year for full coverage of all our cards,
tel. etc. The moment one of them is lost, stolen or believed forged, a
tel. call will alert creditors using that card to stop all transacations
and honoring of the user's identity. I feel that this is the best
protection, but certainly legislative protection wouldn't hurt. We should
be able to learn from the insurance people how their systems work, and
what the tract record is in stopping this fraudulent behavior.   Hope
this is useful.  W. Ken Medlin

William K. Medlin
Dev-plan associates
930 Kenneth Street