dogs on leashes

Okay, as an law-breaking dog owner that sometimes has her dog off the
leash as Mt. View Park, I'd like to add to this.  If you have a very
active dog, sometimes they really need to run.  And that path along
the creek is ideal for dogs.  But, if you have them off the leash, you
should have really good control over them.  If I am passing
other people or dogs, I have my dog heel.  I don't let him go up to others
(people or dogs).  In fact, I have had to tell other dog owners to call
their unleashed dogs because mine isn't always very friendly to dogs who
run up to him.  My dog loves to play in the creek, so when the coast is
clear, I let him run and splash.

I agree that there are many unleashed, uncontrolled dogs and I've had to
ask many to leash their dog in order to avoid a negative dog encounter.
And I know big goofy (people-friendly) dogs like mine can scare people, so
I agree he must be controlled.  But perhaps, if the law is to be enforced,
enforce against those who do not control their dogs, not necessarily just
those off a leash.

I do wish we could get those little boxes with plastic bags for poop clean
up (like the ones on the Chipman Trail) near Mt. View Park.  I carry
plastic bags with me, but many people don't.  Also, one more
garbage can near F St. might really help.  Perhaps more would clean up
if the pick up supplies were available and drop offs were convenient.

Your canine criminal,

Diane Prorak (and Orca)

Back to TOC