Re: FW: Serial Cat Killer

Perhaps if we had some information from the police about the crimes we as a
community could watch for more specific behavior at more specific times of day.
If you have learned anything that would allow us to be more informed observers,
please pass it along.  Since it is summer, I would expect the police dept to
have more resources available to investigate the mutilations (which is what
the police can "do"--it's pretty unlikely that the perpetrators will call
first and say "come watch").  Perhaps more of us need to be contacting the
Chief and letting him know we expect the incidents to be investigated.  Perhaps
that's already being done--it isn't always in the best interests of catching
someone to provide details of the investigation.  so, Chief Weaver, if you're
reading this, could you let us know the department is taking these killings and
mutilations seriously?

Meantime, I hope we can resist the temptation to point out that the series of
events began when school was out.  I guess I'm offended by what I see as the
clear implication of the statement--that a student(s) is responsible.  (Or,
is the statement intended to suggest that a teacher, administrator, or staff
member may be involved--or a parent driven to the brink because the children
are at home?)  The atrocities also began in the summer, after discussions of
the Moscow-Pullman Corridor development began, and shortly after Memorial Day,
but there is no EVIDENCE to suggest that any of the events are related to the
mutilations.

Thanks to "T&E" for keeping us informed, and sincere condolences to you and
every other person who has had to experience any of these events personally

Mike Curley

Back to TOC