Re: A pedestrian communication

At 05:04 PM 3/12/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Here we have perhaps a new use of the Vision2020 list-serve -- sort of a
>Consumer Reports use. And I recognize that it is not philosophically deep.
>On the plus side, it could be seen as a break from skate parks and bikini
>contests.
>
>A question: If you live in Moscow or around Moscow, have you had problems
>with light bulbs burning out recently? My experience is that a light bulb
>will burn out in my house every now and then, but not four in a week.

One major variable is the electricity supply in your neighborhood.  I had a
grounded outlet installed for my PC, and the electrician said that in my
neighborhood, the wires are flakey.  A lot of surges and brown-out type
problems.  This can reduce the life of anything in your home that runs on
electricity.  I don't mind changing a light bulb every now and then, but
I'd like to keep my computer and refridgerator alive as long as possible....

Robert Hoffmann
Alt-Escape Adventures
817 S. Adams
Moscow, ID  83843