Re: A pedestrian communication

Don

I live  on East  B St. in Moscow and do not seem to have this problem. My
light bulbs seem to last a very normal time even though my house is very
old with old wiring. But, I do have problems with the water, which tastes
and smells awfull.  Maybe we have to live with one or the other of these
problems. I wish I could trade the awfull water for the awfull electricity.

Mayme Trumble

>A question: If you live in Moscow or around Moscow, have you had problems
>with light bulbs burning out recently? My experience is that a light bulb
>will burn out in my house every now and then, but not four in a week.
>
>>From my valued training in the Naval Reserve many years ago (we once put
>every television set in Denver out of action when we fired up some surplus
>gear at the Federal Center there) I know that high voltage makes light
>bulbs brighter, and if they get really bright, they then get dim forever.
>
>I stuck a voltmeter in an outlet and it registered between 122 and 123
>volts. It's digital, but it's never been calibrated, so I can't testify
>that it's accurate.
>
>But I liked the idea that Vision 2020 would allow us to find out if
>everybody in town was having the same problem. And I liked the fact that I
>could write this message and not say anything negative about our power
>monopoly, "the utility with a view."
>
>Don H. Coombs

Mayme Trumble
maymet@moscow.com

      Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level,
then beat you with experience..

Back to TOC