RE: Revisiting Vandal football/Cable

        Jack, thanks for the link to the ID Statesman
article.
        One of the comments posted was as follows:

"It is the craziest thing in the world for a small
school with a tiny stadium, stuck way up in North
Idaho, to travel to Tennessee, Texas, Louisiana and
New Mexico to play the big boys. Football should carry
the athletic program, not the other way around."

         I agree--most rivalries are geographical
grudge matches. That's natural. Creating a rivalry
with Middle Tenn. State, when it's likely that no one
at either school has ever known a single person that
attended the other school just doesn't make sense at
all.

         UI and its fans would be much better off
playing ISU, Montana, EWU, etc. Who can get excited
about Univ. of Louisiana-Monroe in Idaho?

        Also, Tom Cable is in his third year. I
believe he should be allowed to have his own  recruits
as Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores. If after next
year there isn't some major improvement, then that
should be it.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/Sports/idaho_football/story.asp?ID=25732