RE: Moscow Civic Association

Doug and Doug:

Don't reply to my specific examples, we might discover we agree!  Just
joking!

I pointed out that most likely both the Moscow Civic Association and your
Church would not be jumping for joy at feeling compelled to include in your
ranks racist White Power advocates or those seeking to outlaw Christianity.
You are pushing arguments to their extremes, where most arguments tend to
break down with logical flaws of one sort or another (insert Gödel's
incompleteness theorem here).  You thus overstate the positions of the
people you wish find flaw with, and thereby demonstrate their foolishness.

Doug Jones, please refer to my specific statements.  I made no reference to
"body count" in my comments.  I was referring to the lies, deception and
obscurantism promoted by Christianity throughout it's history, not wars and
torture, etc.  Honesty was the issue, not killing.

I think you are exaggerating the significance of the word "Moscow" in the
Moscow Civic Association's name.  I am not a member of this group, but I
offer this refection on the use of the word "Moscow" in a name for a local
group:  Just because a group uses the name of the town where they reside in
their title, this does mean they want any and all people to join?  To create
some examples, the Moscow Physics Club would be remiss if they failed to
welcome with open arms the local Astrology Society members?  Or the Moscow
Chess Club must allow the local Dungeons and Dragons enthusiasts to stage
their events in the middle of chess matches?

Ted