Re: Moscow Civic Association

Ben, Doug et. al.

First off, Doug, you state that "progressives" need to be
nudged to honesty from time to time.  The lies, deceptions and obscurantism
promoted by Christianity are a textbook lesson in dishonesty honed to a fine
craft.  It has taken much more than a few "nudges" for the brave challengers
of the irrationality of Christianity to fight off the dogmatic ignorance
promoted by your religion, though of course I won't hold you responsible for
all of the offenses of Christianity throughout history.  I will point out
the Truth of the history of your religion though.

Ben, are you open to, for example, Agnostic Earth Worshipers showing up at
your religious services (I am assuming you are a Christian who goes to a
specific Christian church to worship, excuse me if I am wrong) to announce
their agenda and goals and argue with you about the sense or nonsense of
your religion?  I hardly think so.  Then why the, what seems like, sarcasm
about the meetings of the Moscow Civic Association being exclusionary
towards people whose intent is to disrupt the proceedings and intentions of
this group?  I mean, think about it, would the Moscow Civic Association
welcome people pushing racist White Power ideologies or those seeking to
make the Christian religion illegal (I include this example as an offer of
peace)?  Of course not, anymore than you would welcome these people into the
inner circle of your faith, though some of the writings of certain esteemed
religious leaders in Moscow muddy the waters regarding the White Power
issue.

Why do you appear to object to a group organizing in a legal and nonviolent
manner to promote it's agenda without inviting EVERYONE to participate, by
excluding those wishing to undermine their efforts?

Ted