The future of the jazz festival

Perhaps the Jazz Festival, in it's current incarnation, will die a
natural death when Hampton dies (and it's inevitable he WILL die
someday).

It will be interesting to see what kind of big names the U of I can
scrape up to keep pulling in the bucks from companies after Hampton
leaves this world.

As for the question about volunteering; I have THREE reasons.

I've already said I don't like the bloated behemoth it has become, so
why would i devote my free time to helping it lumber across the town?
If my not volunteering means one more bathroom is vandalized, or one
more visiting teenager causes a disruption somewhere; well, than maybe
it will help change other minds as well....

Secondly, I have talked with people that HAVE volunteered, and they
relate that Mr. Hampton is jerk, and has always been a jerk. But that
is total heresay, of course, my never having met him.

Lastly, I don't like that sort of jazz. I'm more of a Miles Davis and
Keith Jarrett fan. I've listened to a few Hampton CD's, and other jazz
from friends that get into that subgenre of jazz, but it just isn't
for me.

andy

Back to TOC