Re: ironic, ain't it?

>Mr. Bill London & vision2020 subscribers:  This is not the first time the
City has allowed a Budweiser Banner to grace the Main Street of Moscow.  The
first time was announcing the Millenium celebration 31 December 1999.  At
that time no one seemed to notice or take exception to the advertising.  I
noticed and took exception to the advertising since it would be illegal for
me to do so outside my establishment that is licensed and legally sells the
product.  I raised some questions and basically was told the city can do
whatever it wants since no beer & wine license is involved.
                                 Ellen A. Roskovich

Today (2/23) I noticed a large banner hanging across Main Street at
>Friendship Square in downtown Moscow.
>The banner was divided into two halves.  The red half included the
>words: "Budweiser, King of Beers."  The white half included the words:
>"Moscow Mardi Gras, First Saturday in March, Proceeds Benefit Local
>Youth."
>The banners across Main Street there are hung by the City of Moscow on a
>permit basis, and are restricted to community groups, not commercial
>advertisers.  That city ordinance is designed to keep ugly billboards,
>especially those advertising commercial products detrimental to youth
>and the community, away from the downtown area.
>So, does anyone else besides me find this beer commercial masquerading
>as a community event announcement offensive?  or ironic? or disgusting?
>
>letter to the editor from Bill London, Moscow

Back to TOC