RE: The Truth!

My beloved friends,

It is clear in my mind that history is cyclical. In fact, we have had
discussions in the past about that. The cyclical history, however, does not
mean that humanity is not advancing. Our entire life is a cycle... day and
night, seasons, and youth to becoming old... from dust to dust. In longer
terms civilizations are borne, mature, get lazy and wither away. My
assertion for a long time has been that our civilization is in one of those
decay cycles. I, however, look at it in a positive light. I believe that we
do learn from the past; after it repeats a hundred times... but we do
improve. Societies dip to their lowest then they flower in a renaissance of
civilization. Look at Europe in the dark ages... then came renaissance.

We have to focus on improving the future by having the past in mind. I love
my past! I had a wonderful childhood... perhaps this is why I am so critical
of our society so much. I miss the simplicity and purity of my childhood
when I was protected and lived a privileged life. I am, however, clear
minded enough to know that I would never trade this life with that one! I do
not have good memories because the world was better then... I have good
memories because I did not see the world! I did not see the injustice. I did
not see people starving to death while others ate out of gold plates. I was
ignorant... the world was simple. Now the world and fate has scarred my
sole. I have seen death. I have seen injustice. I have seen hate. I have
seen sorrow. But my sole is also rejuvenated! I have seen love. I have seen
cooperation. I have seen people making a difference. I have seen people
learn and grow... to shed the garb of materialism, selfishness and gluttony
to elevate themselves to a higher state of existence. I have seen people of
every color and creed gather and truly love one another. Where your
political party is as important as your race or color or which pebble is
stuck to the bottom of your shoes! I have seen acts of complete
selflessness. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes!

Friends... we must improve. We have to wake each and every day and do our
part to improve the world. If we don't... who will? It is our
responsibility... it is our destiny. This country will be the spiritual
leader of the world! We will dip low in the abyss of despair and rise
triumphant to a higher civilization the likes of which the earth has never
seen. We will have heaven on earth... all we have to do is to want it!

Your brother in arms,

Shahab...