Moscow, one of the most Biked and car-free communities

Congratulations to Moscow for being the 32nd most Car-free communities
in America! According to a compilation of Census and DOT data at
http://www.bikesatwork.com/information/carfree/
26.33% of Moscow's population does NOT rely on a car for
transportation, and 4.78% rely on bikes.

Stanford, CA is Number One in terms of biking at 48.24%, and 69.64% of
the population being car-free.

All these numbers are based on 1990 Census results, it would be
interesting to see what the 2000 Census shows.

I'm one of those that use my bike to commute to work, and find that I
can actually get to work QUICKER on a bike while at the same time
keeping myself fit and in shape.

Andrew Davie

Back to TOC