Re: Yuppie CALIFORNIAN'S GO WHEREVER

Actually, i'm struggling to support my family. Really, i probably make
less money than you do, as well as being a northern Idaho resident my
entire life (except the 10 regrettable years i spent in Boise). Most
of that was spent on a farm near Orofino.

I do not understand what upsets you about bicycles. They have been
around much longer than the much celebrated SUV, and from a global
standpoint they are also a more *popular* form of transportation than
_all_ automobiles combined.

If my mentioning a few of the many benefits that bicycles have given
me is the sort of behavior that caused you to LEAVE Moscow, then you
probably won't be happy anywhere.

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:48:55 -0800, Nancy Westergreen wrote:

>Andy Davie is one of the reason's that I left MY home town.  You over paid
>californian suck.  J
>
>Andrew Davie wrote:
>
>> Congratulations to Moscow for being the 32nd most Car-free communities
>> in America! According to a compilation of Census and DOT data at
>> http://www.bikesatwork.com/information/carfree/
>> 26.33% of Moscow's population does NOT rely on a car for
>> transportation, and 4.78% rely on bikes.
>>
>> Stanford, CA is Number One in terms of biking at 48.24%, and 69.64% of
>> the population being car-free.
>>
>> All these numbers are based on 1990 Census results, it would be
>> interesting to see what the 2000 Census shows.
>>
>> I'm one of those that use my bike to commute to work, and find that I
>> can actually get to work QUICKER on a bike while at the same time
>> keeping myself fit and in shape.
>>
>> Andrew Davie

Back to TOC