Re: Telephone Overlays/Time Zones

Bob said:
> Uh, DSL anyone?

I say, DSL or cable modem. There is no technical reason that you
need to have cable service or phone service to have DSL or
cable modem internet access. It's just, well, they charge you
enough to run the service if you don't buy the underlying
stuff that you might as well cave in. There are horror
stories on the net of people trying to get cable modem access
without cable and being hounded to death to GET CABLE.

Also, satellite based internet is good. I have a dream (seriously)
I want to run sat nodes all over Idaho and set up 802.11b p2p
networks at the sat nodes. Your local net would be fast and
wireless, your over the horizon access would be a little pokey.

I'll save that one for when the sky opens up and rains dollars on me
though.
Ry
--
Ry Jones
Airgap Networks / Moscow, ID 419 730 2199 (fax)

Back to TOC