Re: Coyotes

Where else do Coyotes have to live?  Wild animals don't normally chose the
dangers of populated areas, unless their natural habitat is being altered by
us.  And Coyotes aren't the only dangers to cats out there.... There are
lots of reasons to keep your cat in the house or in an appropriate
enclosure: Other cats,  dogs, cars, well-meaning children (who don't know
how to handle an animal), cruel people, diseases from hunting infected mice,
etc.

Our town is not very safe for Coyotes with our cars & people.  Either we
need to consider a massive effort to trap & remove the Coyotes to a safer
place, or we need eliminate their food source by keeping our pets inside.
Not only is it our responsibility to protect our pets from all dangers, but
consider the large cost to capture & relocate the Coyotes.  And, doesn't
Moscow have an ordinance about roaming pets?

-a local cat lover

Back to TOC