Re: Shattered morning

John wrote:
> 7am cannot be considered unreasonable during the week when such
> activity is usually considered normal, but I feel that 7am is very
> unreasonable on weekends and holidays.
I would point out that the concept of "weekends" or "holidays" means very little to someone who works
odd shifts or odd schedules. It may be that the person working on the house only has time on the
weekend to do said work, and making them start at the crack of noon may impede the ability to get
said work done.

Also, by starting early, you finish early. I've done a lot of summer construction where we started
around 0300 or 0400 in order to finish before the heat of the day.

> So then, how does a citizen of this community go about changing a city
> ordinance to provide for a peaceful Saturday morning?

I would hesitate to place further restrictions on this activity. It isn't like they're going to build
a house there EVERY weekend. And, someday, you may have the urge to build a new deck or home theatre
or kid's room, and find the only time available to you is Saturday morning.

--
Ry Jones
Airgap Networks / Moscow, ID

Back to TOC