Shattered morning

As I lay in bed at 7am this morning, peacefully sleeping, the peace and
quiet of a Moscow Spring morning was shattered by the sounds of hammers
driving in nails on a house being built behind me.  I am all for new
construction, but I do not believe it is appropriate to pollute the early
mornings with such sounds.
A quick call to the MPD revealed that,in Moscow, construction can start at
7am.  7am cannot be considered unreasonable during the week when such
activity is usually considered normal, but I feel that 7am is very
unreasonable on weekends and holidays.
So then, how does a citizen of this community go about changing a city
ordinance to provide for a peaceful Saturday morning?

John

John and Laurie Danahy
jdanahy@turbonet.com

Back to TOC